- 200g (7 oz) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 150g (5 oz) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 75g (2 1/2 oz) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C /gas mark 4. Place 12 paper baking cases in muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Spoon evenly into baking cases in muffin tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly tapped.