- 2 eggs
- 100g (4 oz) apple sauce or purée
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 175g (6 oz) dark brown soft sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 225g (8 oz) wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 225g (8 oz) frozen sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas mark 5. Grease muffin tin, or line with paper muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, apple sauce, oil, brown sugar, vanilla and bananas. Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon; Stir into the banana mixture until just moistened. Fold in the strawberries until evenly distributed. Spoon batter into prepared tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the tops of the muffins spring back when pressed lightly. Cool before removing from the muffin tin.